Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Crazy, Crafty, Besties!


Ok, so here lately I have become increasingly addicted to Pintrest.  I go on there, look at the DIY/ Crafts and think to myself, "I can do that!!"  So, I convinced my Bestie, April, to get involved too.  We went and got several old pallets from my work and oh how we had such dreams for these pallets!!  Well, let me just say that working with power tools while watching 4 kids 4 and under is quite a job.  I went and dug in our shop and came out with 2 hammers, a skill saw, spray paint, and determination!!!  Let me just say that if I was a fly on the wall, I would have died laughing!!  The first thing April and I did was to try and dismantle the pallets.  That in itself was a WORKOUT!!  We took turns prying with one hammer and beating the other  end of the hammer with a sledge hammer.  Sweat was pouring off of our faces and we were breathing like we had just ran a marathon.  After getting a few boards off I realized it would be ALOT easier if we would use the power tools.  Hello!!! That would be so much fun!!  If I could help build this house then I could cut a few pallets apart.  So after plugging in the skill saw, I went to work cutting the pallets apart a lot quicker and with much less sweat than before.  All the while April is trying to corral all of these children.  Finally after about an hour of dismantling we were ready to decorate!!!  Let me just say that I love, Love, LOVE to paint.  It relaxes me.  I am not the most creative person in the world but it is sooooo much fun!!  We made several Christmas signs, LSU/ Saints signs, and just decorator signs.  I was very pleased with our outcome.  All in all it was a wonderful day because I got to spend it with my bestie, laughing at our crazy selves!  I will post some pics later!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment