Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Reflections of a MOPS Mom

Wow!!! What an Amazing weekend!  I just returned from my 4th MOPS convention.  For those of you who don't know what MOPS is, it stands for Mothers of Preschoolers.  Which is exactly what I am .  I have two wonderful boys with my husband of 8 years, Jason.  Cody was born on February 14, 2008.  He was the most wonderful Valentines Day present EVER!!  Then there was Beau.  He was born on August 25, 2011.  He is my little "Elvis".  He was born with so much hair he needed a haircut on the way home from the hospital.  Back to my MOPS weekend, my steering team and I went to Dallas, Tx this past weekend for the annual MOPS Convention.  Yes, all 10 of us were brave enough to leave our precious little ones with our husbands for an entire weekend.  I was hearing stories of endless lists, marathon cookings, and little ziploc baggies of clothing laid out with all matching accessories.  However, I am not that mother.  I have full confidence in my husband, considering I have 2 boys, it can't be that hard.  I am so proud of my husband for taking care of them all weekend.  He even made it to church on time on Sunday morning.  He dressed the boys in color coordinated outfits and even fed them breakfast!  All of this while I am having the best girls weekend ever!  There were over 2000 moms at this convention.  It was all centered on "Love",  loving God, loving family, loving other mothers and loving MOPS moms.  I learned so much about "Love" this weekend.  My most valuable lesson learned to be able to love you must love yourself.  Which means you must forgive yourself and others.  I know that on Friday night our whole group had an "ahh ha" moment.  If you looked around all of us were crying for different reasons.  It seems as if we all had someone to forgive in order to fully "LOVE".  I learned so much about each and everyone of these ladies and I can only pray that we will all grow closer with each other as we continue this season of life together.  I can't wait to see what this year brings for our group, motherhood, and life in general.  Let this be the start of something wonderful!!!  Until next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment