Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Where Does the Time Go?


Where does the time go?  This has been an amazing year.  As I look back at all of the changes we have had, I think WOW, God is AMAZING!!  He is so wonderful and blesses us immensely even when we don't deserve it.  This past year we have moved into our new home that took three grueling years to build.  We actually moved into the home exactly three weeks before Beau was born.  Yes, we were cutting it close!  We have had some ups and some downs during this past year, but we have overcome all of it stronger than before.  The one thing that gets me is that my sweet, precious, baby Beau will be turning "1" on Saturday.  It seems like he was just born and now he is getting into everything.  I feel like I was just in the hospital admiring how much hair he was born with and how "wonderfully made" he is.  How can one year pass so fast?  I wish I could stop time and play back the year in slow motion.  I wish that I could memorize every wonderful moment that was made with my children.  I just don't want to forget a single thing that involves their childhood.  I want to remember every laugh, cry, "mama", "dada", smile, and yes even the little surprises that our children give us daily.  I want to remember the look in their eyes when it was just "Mommy and baby" time.   What a precious "Mommy and baby" time that was.  I could just sit in a rocking chair forever, staying lost in those precious eyes.  Knowing that no one on earth will ever love me as much as my children do.  I went through our boys clothes tonite trying to get rid of those cluttering the drawers and I almost wanted to cry.  All of Cody's things will be put in storage for Beau to wear one day.  Beau's stuff however, will most likely be given to Goodwill.  That makes me so sad!  It only means that my precious babies are getting bigger and growing up.  Pretty soon they will be old enough to not want to "snuggle" with their mommy and daddy, as Cody  and Beau do every morning.  It is the highlight of my day to "snuggle" with my two  boys.  I know I'm probably being a little too sappy and sentimental, but I adore my boys and can only hope that they won't grow up too fast.  When they do grow up I pray that they will remember all of the wonderful times we have spent together.  Until then I will try to capture in my mind all of those precious moments that will forever stay with me because time unfortunately goes......too quickly.    Happy 1st Birthday to my sweet Baby Beau!!

No comments:

Post a Comment