Monday, August 27, 2012

Birthday Blues


My sweet Baby Beau turned "1" this weekend.  It was bittersweet for me.  I look at him and think of how much I prayed for him and now he is now a year old.  He is an energetic, always smiling, sweet baby boy.  He has my heart.  It just makes me so sad that my boys are growing up.  This week has been really hard for me because not only did Beau turn 1, Cody will be starting preschool.  I have decided to home-school along with sending him two days a week to a MDO program.  I actually had the pleasure of co-teaching his Sunday School class yesterday and I realized he is a "big boy" now.  Pretty soon he will be reading, writing, and wanting to do stuff on his own. This weekend was hard for him as well.  Cody has always been the center of attention.  He is the one always getting presents from us and others.  Well this weekend was Beau's weekend and he didn't take it too well.  My sweet Cody man turned into a temper tantrum  throwing, pouting, selfish, boy.  I can't even count how many times he broke down in tears over the smallest thing.  It took us two hours Saturday night just to get him to get in his own bed.  He kept insisting to "snuggle" in our bed with us.  It was a very trying time, we diciplined, we loved, we even took the T.V. away for two days.  Finally at 11:30 he gave in and went to sleep in his bed.  However, sometime in the middle of the night he, in a very stealthlike manner, ended up in our bed.  I know it is just a little jealously on his part and I have tried to show him some extra love as well, but there comes a time when dicipline is more important or his tantrums will lead to something worse.  So, this morning we had some "snuggle" time by ourselves, I read him 2 bible stories instead of one last night, and have been praising him for anything good that he does.  Like the title suggests, it was just a case of the "Birthday Blues" for both Cody and I.  

No comments:

Post a Comment